Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Seasoned Rice

My attempts at homemade seasoned rice have always failed, being too bland. This time I upped the quantities of the herbs/spices, wasn't afraid of salt, and added my new good-in-everything ingredient: Paprika. Finally, success! It was a huge hit with everyone.

I made this to go with a freezer meal of marinated bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs.

(Chicken thighs were frozen in a single layer in a large zip-lock vacuum-seal bag, together with olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and onion powder. I defrosted them and cooked them in a roasting pan at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes. I deglazed the pan with some white cooking wine, added some water to cornstarch&onion powder, mixed it into the pan juices and voila, instant gravy.)

Seasoned Rice:

1-2 Tbs Olive oil in med saucepan over med-low heat

Approx equal amounts (1 tbs?) of:

- Paprika
- Dried Basil
- " Oregano
- " Parsley
- Onion Powder
- Salt
- about 1 tsp. sugar

stir until warm and fragrant but *don't burn!*

Add dry rice (I used about 1 1/3 cups), stir until thoroughly coated

Add 2x amount of water as rice. Cook as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment